Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back in UB

Well, I'm back in UB, and by far, leaving my students was the most difficult thing of the whole trip. There were so many things I wanted to do with them, so many conversations I wanted to have. They are an absolutely wonderful group of people, and I came to love them so much. This trip was definitely too short. We needed at least another two weeks. It's strange being back here. We're staying in a hotel that is way to comfortable. I think I'm getting reverse culture shock already.

But enough of the pity party. I had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to share more. My students threw a karaoke party on the last day, which was fantastic! I also have all of their e-mail addresses if they had one and real addresses if they didn't, so hopefully I can keep up a bit. Sorry this is short and scattered, but internet is really expensive here. As much as I miss Khovd and my wonderful students, it will be good to see people again back in the US. Thanks for supporting me throughout the whole trip. What an experience!